View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 10:06 AM

I have a healthy interest in nylon at this time, so I've been looking at a bunch of them.

Having bought a Lowden O23C new I'm familiar with the brand. I don't have first-hand experience with Lowden Nylons, but I'd be concerned that they may have the same tendency to being over-built that the Taylor nylons have.

If you are wanting to have a good comparative listen then I can recommend watching the videos at Heartbreaker Guiters. They demo a variety of Lowden nylons, including the Wee Lowden nylon. None of them really grab my attention, although the Wee might be my preferred tone.

In regards to the smaller body size and scale length you might also be interested in the new Kenny Hill Companion. I have a topic on that here in the Classical forum.

I own a Cordoba Orchestra Fusion which I like, and also a dumpster-rescued Karl Hauser I converted over to a crossover. The Hauser gets all my playing time for the last couple of months as I have it tuned down to CGDGBE. I have a topic over in the Show And Tell section, "Adventures in CGDGBE!".