View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 10:41 AM
Charter Member

Arrow SOLD! 2018 Tyler Robbins R.1a Engelmann Spruce - "The Fiddleback Tree" Mahogany

For your consideration is a 2018 Tyler Robbins R.1a. Tyler built this guitar for the 2018 Boutique Guitar Showcase, a curated collection of "Unique, World Class Guitars" where it was exhibited in cities across the United States. I was able to play this guitar immediately thereafter at the 2018 Woodstock Invitational Luthiers Showcase and purchased it on the spot. At my request, Tyler installed a K&K mini pickup and did a fresh set up prior to shipping it to me.

The guitar is in excellent condition and comes with a custom fit Calton flight case, specifications sheet and Robbins custom string winder.

It is a difficult decision to offer this one for sale. Earlier this year I received a new Robbins commissioned R.1ca as well as a commissioned Hatcher Josie in "The Fiddleback Tree" with Alpine Moon Spruce. Add to that another commission with Tyler scheduled for completion in 2021 and it behooves me to offer this one for sale for a limited time.

AGF priced at $old! includes insured (Heritage) shipping in the Continental U.S. and paypal fees. Local Dallas area pickup is available.

My AGF New Guitar thread includes more pictures, commentary and You Tube video demo. here

Specifications:

Model: Robbins R.1a
Neck - figured Honduran mahogany- Shallow C profile
Back and Sides: "The Fiddleback Tree" mahogany
Englemann Spruce top
Side construction: laminated
Ebony style arm and rib bevels
Ebony fretboard
Head Plate: Ebony / The Fiddleback Tree mahogany + burst
Body binding: "TFT" mahogany
Rosette: Custom/ Negative space ring / Figured mahogany + burst
Fret Markers - Pure Silver Square / Recon stone + Silver on 12th
Frets to Body: 13
nut width: 1.75"
string spacing: 2.187"
Sale length: 25.5"
Body depth at tail: 5"
Body depth at heel: 3.75"
Lower bout width: 16"
Waist Width: 9"
Upper bout width: 11"
Body length: 20.875"
frets: nickle silver
finish: nitrocellulose
Gotoh 510 mini tuners - Cosmo Black with Black Buttons
Pickguard: Clear Mylar
K&K Pure Mini pickup
Case:Custom Calton: Burgundy with Black Interior

For fastest response send an email to [email protected] and please identify yourself as an AGF member.

Thanks for looking, now let me hear from you!

Last edited by doodahdoug; 11-17-2020 at 06:20 PM.