View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 08:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
A great deal of our back and forth on this forum is passed forgetting the filter of the personal attributes of the player. Are you a strummer, flat picker, fingerstyle player, loud band or acoustic ensemble? The best answers should always answer those questions first.

While there are some guitars, necks, strings, DI boxes, amps string spacings that do almost everything great, isn't finding the best for you really ultimately about you?

This forum is great for getting general guidance though; the wealth of information here is invaluable and I'm thankful for it. Finding the right gear for you can be fun, but at least for me it often is at the expense of just practicing.
Very well said steelvibe! “Finding the best FOR YOU is really ultimately about “YOU.” I never make gear recommendations here because not only is everyone playing different kinds of music, but we hear things differently - and even if all that is the same, we might come to completely different conclusions about whether something works for what we want (or not).

And of course you are correct that we should try to present context as much as possible. I admit I jumped the gun here when I said I liked the RainSongs better because they sounded warmer to me - and I should have added “for fingerstyle.”
Martin Backpacker