View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 12:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Ha !! your never done until ya die. Or get a Bricasti M7

Bricasti's Sunset Chamber is my go to almost exclusively.
I'm not sure that I'll picking up the rack version anytime soon, but the plugin is fantastic. Between that, the Altiverb, and the Capitol Chambers (once I pick it up), I can't imagine what I'd be missing ...but I'm sure someone will come up with something eventually that will separate me from my money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
too late....

I've only had a chance to check it out briefly on guitar. I suspect it works better on vocals, and it's striking me as a "character" reverb, with a distinctive sound.
Vocals for sure. And I think it can shine especially for slower ballad types of vocals. I haven't tried it on guitar yet.

Quote:
Different from the Bricasti where you can really pile reverb on heavily and still not really notice it. There's a lot of flexibility with choosing mics, mic position, and so on. It will require more experimenting!
Like anything else, it will take a little time to learn how to use it best. I just threw that remix together quickly because I wanted to see what the plugin could do. It certainly will shine on vox, of that I have no doubt. But I really do like what it did for that cello track. That was done with Emotional Cello (which is as good as I've ever heard so far as a vst cello is concerned). All I did was re-mic it using UAD Ocean Way, then put Capitol Chambers on an aux track and picked a preset and mic position that I thought worked.

I think it can also be nice for piano but it will take a bit more dialing in than I did for that demo.

Quote:
I sort of hope I don't end up liking it, I think that's around the most pricey UAD plugin they have.
They've set the hook on me already with this one. I haven't bought a UAD plugin in a long time but I'm feeling a bit lusty for this one. UA does a big sale in June or July. As of late that included a custom bundle where you could get 4 plugins for $400. I'll pick it up that way and add a few other things to my UAD toolbox.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube