View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 06:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnewsom View Post
Bose S1 might be just the ticket. Three channels, quality sound and signal to send to any house pa. Easy to carry, and could pay for itself in five or six gigs.
I'm not sure the third input, an aux in, would be all that great for keyboards, though I could be mistaken. Anyway, out of budget.

That JBL Eon 612 is a lot of quality speaker for the price, especially the current markdown to $349. Sweetwater is a great place to read reviews and there's a decent amount of very positive keyboard players checking in. (The S1 to my surprise also has a few happy keyboard players. I researched the keyboard thing awhile ago and my impression is that you need larger speakers for decent reproduction of the lower tones on a full keyboard. The S1 has a 6" for the low end; the Eon 612, a big beautiful 12").

Used 612s on Ebay come in as low as the mid-$200's; I haven't checked Reverb. If your ceiling is $500, that might leave enough room for an SM-58 mic, a mic stand, an inexpensive mixer, cables, and you're gonna want a speaker stand for that JBL or something like it.

Edit: I left out the possibility of needing a DI for the guitar. It depends partly on whether you have an active or passive pickup on your guitar and some other things that are beyond my knowledge a bit.

Last edited by Chriscom; 03-24-2019 at 06:49 PM.