View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 04:31 PM
Charter Member

Default Pretty Close

Aloha Barry,

Thanks for taking the time to record & share your comparison of the mic pair's you record at home with. Feedback is always welcomed, right?

I felt that both sample mic combo's sounded pretty close. However,. neither sample of mic pairs sounded very good to me. I liked the second "imbalanced"combo, by a nose because it had a tad more clariy. Because I used AKG's for decades (451, 535, 460 & 480's) I can always hear that distinct AKG treble quality, no matter the model, or era.

I would like to hear the samples w/ recording levels set slightly higher.

But I still think you will be amazed by the sound quality improvement of your recordings when you can upgrade to the better stereo mic pair/mic preamp combo's & fully treat your space - in the future of course.

Here's an old Doug Young mic comparison thread that you might also enjoy. Many comments there gave me a fresh perspective on those mic's, mic comparisons in general, other advanced mic elements to consider (like off axis performance) by the smart guys among us here, & much more to think about & listen to. Enjoy!

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=522846

Thanks again for this thread, Barry.

alohachris

Last edited by alohachris; 09-01-2021 at 07:16 PM.