View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 09:37 AM

Welcome to the 12 fret world. Big fan here. I feel lucky to have 3 and all are short scale. One (PJ) is a very small parlor, one is a 00, and one is a dread. I doubt I would part with any of them and sometimes wish one of my 14 fretters was a 000 12 fret. I play primarily with a flatpick. While I happen to like the medium tension Santa Cruz strings on all of my guitars except the PJ (requires light guard and or low tension), could be the strings you have tried on your new guitar aren’t producing a sound you like and a change might help. Experimenting with different picks might help too. I mostly used phosphor bronze mediums on the Larrivee I once had but it was an L shape, 14 fret, and a mahogany top, so it was quite a bit different than yours. Certainly experimenting with set up and the other variables is worth doing and might be fun. Good luck with it.

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)