View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
...I was amazed to read the Rainsong Parlor weighs a full pound less than the Emerald! That makes it only 2.5 lbs! Super light indeed.
I never mentioned the weight of the x7. Got rid of my Emeralds years ago, but I do have a Cargo, (several actually) and a Rainsong Parlor at home, both without electronics, and on my non digital trigger scale, the Rainsong Parlor weighs almost 1 pound less. Couldn't tell you the exact difference, but it's enough to make me recommend the Rainsong Parlor over the Cargo for backpacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
If actually backpacking any guitar, you will also need to figure in the weight of whatever bag it is in and consider how you will carry/attach it.

How many here have backpacked with a guitar?

I'll raise my hand and say... "Not me!"
Blackbird actually offers a "stuff bag" for the Rider which brings the entire package to just over 3 pounds. I've never been backpacking with a guitar, but have taken my Go Grand on many day hikes when I first got it. If you've never played one, the Go Grand is quite a little guitar. Like the Rider and RS Parlor, it has a full 24.9" scale, excellent playability, weighs in under 3 pounds with case, and it has a surprisingly full tone. Sam Radding, the guy who gave Bob Taylor his start was building them in San Diego and it was love at first strum for me.