View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 05:51 PM

Default Santa Cruz OM Grand

My first crack at posting here.

This was a custom 2015 build. Originally lefty. First owner had a luthier convert to righty by replacing nut and saddle. Original lefty nut and saddle in case.

Redwood top, Indian rosewood b/s, ebony fingerboard, mahogany bindings, black fretboard binding, 1929 rosette. See pics and email from Santa Cruz for full specs.

It has a full, round tone with great projection. The factory sets them up with their low tension strings, but I put on 12-53s and only had to tweak the truss rod a hair to get a lovely fingerstyle action.

Always kept in its humidity-controlled Santa Cruz case. One small ding on treble side at bottom of top, and another similar one on bass side at bottom of back. Some fine swirls on top finish, and two string winder scrapes as seen in pics, but overall in great shape. I never use a pick. There is some fret wear in a couple of spots but there's no buzzing and intonation is fine.

Overall a great guitar, but my right shoulder is getting bad and no longer tolerates the wider lower bout. I have to stick to standard OM dimensions. $1500 plus shipping/insurance from New Mexico, Paypal.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]