View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 07:04 AM

I agree with Brent Hahn about your music and its direction; it's very good! After listening to a number of the tracks on your site I agree with Brent that there is some mid-range emphasis that may be causing your recordings to be less clear. By EQing some of that out you might find some of the "air" that you're seeking.

I also think it might be worth trying some stereo spread on your vocal. In your stereo soundstage, I feel as if your voice is emanating from a very well defined narrow point in the mix. Making your vocal slightly more broad and diffuse would likely add some "air". In a previous thread, I posted that Izotope has its Ozone 8 Elements plugin available for free. Part of what that plugin can do is give some spread to individual tracks. Using it for your vocal track (and perhaps selectively some of your instrument tracks- acoustic guitar especially) might open up your mixes to achieve the sound you're looking for. In the image below the controls for "width" and "stereoize" would be things to try to accomplish that type of effect.

I wish you well in your quest for perfecting your recordings, your music is worth the effort!

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24