View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 06:03 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim McKnight View Post
Ladies and gentleman ... we have a WINNER!!!! Congrats John.

Actually this "rotisserie" machine will pull double duty as it rotates both a neck and body after spraying it with oil Varnish, with high hopes that it will prevent runs. My first [failed] attempt used a BBQ rotisserie motor but it was so under powered it could barely rotate a neck but stalled when I tried to add the body to it.

I have long been an admirer of an oil varnish finish but quite frankly I have struggled spraying varnish without the occasional run. Previously my success rate has been ~ 50%. Although one can brush apply varnish with some success my skills with a brush are minimal at best.

I do want to openly share the credit with Simon Fay and Burton LeGeyt for inspiring me to build this machine after they so generously shared pictures of their machines. Thanks guys for lending your support.

I hope to post updated photos of the finished project in the coming days.

Thanks to all of you who have played along in our guessing game. John,
you can expect a "small" prize in your mailbox next week. I was going to mail that shiny red F-150 but couldn't find an first class envelope large enough
And a big Thank You for the prize is in order. Tim really does come through as promised. I got a pick holder key fob with Mc Knight guitars embellished in the leather pocket that holds the pick. Really cool. I will use it if he will wear a Kinnaird guitars t-shirt