View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardwhiskey View Post
The pangs of GAS are beginning on my first electric guitar and amp to be used “medicinally” in cathartic home and recording situations.

Please feel free to comment on the combination of a Music Man Cutlass and a Line 6 Spider Jam combination.

Thank you.
I'll be a bit more direct. I wouldn't touch that amp with a ten-foot cattle prod.

You didn't mention budget but, assuming you have only enough to buy the Line 6 amp and that EB guitar, I'd suggest you instead buy a used American strat from Craigslist and put your money into a good amp. Steve's ever-popular V22 is a fine way to go, but there are plenty of others. For example (although I don't know what kind of music you play) for the same money you could get a nice used American Strat and a used Mesa Express 5:50 Plus or Express 5:25 Plus and have a far superior tone and growth potential.

If you have a bit more, I'd still say put money into the amp but I'd also point out that, for the $1600 you're about to pay for the EB, you can get a used Suhr or Tom Anderson strat-style guitar. I like Ernie Ball guitars, as a general thing, but they're not in the same league as the Suhr or Anderson. I'm NOT saying there's anything wrong with the EB, far from it, but my opinion is that you can probably do better for the money, or do just as well for less.