View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
Gee Whiz, Fred, I was trying to be funny! Forgot to use an emoticon

My own mother had a state fair blue ribbon winning cake I always asked for on my birthday, and when I had left home I asked for the recipe. I then made the cake and it was a complete failure. I asked her for clarification and it turned out she has assumed the sugar which like your own experience, didn't work out well.

I only have an Onsrud pin router because for a few years I had a side business making 2 dimensional mannequins from FinPly. I sold that business to another luthier many years ago but kept the pin router. At this point the only thing I use it for is cutting out pick guards!
I wasn't quite sure if you were or not, thought it best to play it straight in my reply. A while back I also posted a comment you shouldn't try to get the guitar you were working on perfect, people would start thinking your guitars were built by machine. I meant it in jest but later thought, what if you thought I actually meant you should not try to do your best. Darn, I should have put a smiley after it. Yeah, sometimes subtleties get lost in the written word.