View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 03:14 PM

Knuckle,

What are your musical goals? Based on what I have read here:

1.) You play live gigs.

2.) You write your own music and perform your own music.

3.) You plan to record your music in a professional studio.

Question:

1.) What equipment do you use for your live rig?

2.) How would you rate your level of talent in both singing and playing guitar? For example; on a scale of 1-10, 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest level.

Through the years, I am 50 now, my level of talent with singing has gone down, but my guitar playing has gone up. Within the confines of what I do, I would say I am at about a 6 with my singing, and an 8 with my playing. I think I can improve my singing a point or two with hard work, lessons, etc. With guitar, I think I can improve a great deal more over the long term. My goal is to continue live gigging and become more of a solo guitar player.

If you are willing, please take your Ipod and create another recording with no equipment, just you and your guitar. I would like to hear you just that way, with no PA or guitar amp in the way. Will you do that? I want to hear your raw sound. I put a couple songs up on youtube using an older, non-HD home video camera. I think it sounds just like the way I sound to myself, cheap mic and all, no PA or effects. My youtube name is "rickissinging".

Last edited by Rick Shepherd; 04-01-2011 at 03:25 PM.