View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 10:06 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles Tauber View Post
My apologies for the tangential comments.

The word MAY indicates that one has permission to do something. The word MIGHT indicates that there is a probability of something. I don’t know why but the word might has all but disappeared from common usage having been replaced with the word may.

As an aside, to what do you attribute the other 10%?
It MIGHT be Humidity, poor construction, neglect.
Originally I wrote 99%, but I figured someone would chime in with 10 examples, contrary to string tension, with 90 examples of those which string tension was the main cause. In normal use of a guitar over it's lifetime, I would say 99.9% are string tension related, the other .01% would be from long term leaning against a wall not being played, without strings installed, in a humid room.
I have had a similar discussion between the words MAY, and CAN......MAY the guitar need a neck reset, If it chooses. CAN it have a neck reset, I don't know, depends on whether it has the funds to pay for one, If it has the funds it MIGHT, or May depends on how you look at it.
Exactly, in my examples of MAY, I would give your guitar permission to warp, and require a neck reset. Because like you being the grammar Nazi, I am the neck reset Nazi.

Ed

Last edited by Edgar Poe; 10-20-2019 at 10:17 AM.