View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 09:19 AM

Default TC-Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-G XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Sheep View Post
I noticed a couple of things that trouble me.

When I switch the harmony voices on, the volume to the PA goes up quite a bit. Is there any way to keep the volume of my single voice and my voice with harmonies level between the two settings?

I also noticed that the harmonies are absent (though my voice is not) if I am 3 inches away from my microphone, but they get a lot louder (though my voice does not get noticeably louder) when I move to within 2 inches. I am pretty sure it isn't my imagination. Do the harmonies get louder as you move closer to the mic (even as your voice stays the same in the PA)?

The TC Helicons are sensitive to to mike input. I find if I move away from the mike it does not recognize as well. Play with the input level on the mike and find the distance and your voice level that produces the best result. No magic formula, it’s different for everyone

Also I have found that I have to simplify my vocal arrangements to make the harmonies work the most effectively. The processor is fast to react but not perfect. It also can’t learn the arrangement unlike a live singer.