View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Charter Member

Home, sweet home. The new X20 gets to meet its siblings. Now, the unloading process, then the bug-scrubbing process, then the coach goes into our storage unit and the boat comes back out.

http://captnjim.blogspot.com/2017/04/the-march.html

Getting to this point kinda feels like a wrap with this "incoming" Emerald.

I did get a half hour this morning to plug the X20 into my rig (Play Acoustic-> Fishman LBM-> into a Bose L1c. Sounds great! The LR Baggs pickup is new for me, so there will be some adjusting while I learn what works best for the tone I like. The tone and volume controls in the sound hole are easy and convenient, but at first blush, it feels like I have more control at the guitar with the B-Band in the X7.

Bumpy roads, huge swings in humidity, and both the X7 and the X20 were in tune when I pulled them out.

Some big decisions to be made: my guitar room is small - heck, this whole house is small; we built it as a vacation home before we retired. Digressing again, there is room for 5 guitars out, so I have to decide which are going back in cases so both the X7 and X20 will be a handy reach. I may even try to find new homes for a couple. We keep trying to simplify. No question, the two Emeralds aren't going anywhere... well, 'till we're ready to hit the road again.

Once the settling in has happened, I'm looking forward to playing with the Zoom recorder. Well, when the Blonde says, "OK, the work is done."