View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 11:39 AM

Had a number of the old CA instruments (all pre-Peavey). Had at least 5 Cargo's over the years. Had a green one a couple red ones, etc. and only kept a sunburst (or whatever you call that style) gloss version with electronics. Sort of wish I had kept more because for $800 or so they were a hell of a buy. Great little guitars. Also kept a special order GX in the rare woodburst gloss finish, a dread vintage also in a darker brown woodburst, and one of the super rare 12 strings which I think they only made 1 year. It was a special order with no end pin and no electronics, road finish wine colored. Fantastic sounding 12 string that will hold its own against any wood instrument. At this point I will keep them all so my CA collection is small at 4 instruments but probably unique. Never ran into a neck issue on any of them but that may be my unsophisticated touch and ear. Maybe the new ones are better (they certainly cost a lot more) but I can't tell the difference so will just keep the old ones.