View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 07:05 AM

Cool What song got you interested in classical guitar?

I was raised on classical music that my dad would listen to, including Segovia. And the guitar I played when I was taking an interest was a nylon string classical guitar, all mahogany with a tie block bridge...a real beater, however...but it played in tune.

At the time, my main interest was learning how to play "rock n roll" so I could jam with a few friends that were also learning how to play.

As I got older, my musical tastes expanded, and I found myself enjoying more classical pieces...Mozart, Beethoven, Satie, Brahms, Chopin, and Bach, among many others, especially music played by small ensembles...Chamber music or quartets. When my daughter was planning her wedding, she asked me to help her select the music for the occasion. Johann Pachelbel was her first choice.

When I first listened to Pachelbel's Canon in D, it was being performed by a chamber orchestra, and it became embedded in my mind. The first time I heard it performed solo, on a classical guitar by Per-Olov Kindgren, I was smitten!!! No, blown away would be far more accurate.

That renewed my interest playing classical guitar.

Glen
Gibson LP Deluxe/ES-347 TD/Chet Atkins CE
Fender MIA Deluxe Strat
Art & Lutherie 12-string
Bellucci Concert
Sigma CR-7
Recording King ROS-06 FE3/RPH-05
D'Angelico "New Yorker"
New Masters "Esperance SP"
Hermosa AH-20
“I never met a guitar I didn't like.”

Last edited by scottishrogue; 11-10-2013 at 07:12 AM.