View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 05:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redi View Post
I am watching the same slow boat. I purchased a stock X20 with the upgraded shipping (full tour package apparently) on a Thursday (2/18). It didn't make the shipping video on 2/19 but sat around for another week.

I received a UPS tracking number on Monday 2/22.

It didn't go anywhere until shipping day Friday 2/26 after the video. It then took a leisurely trip around various cities in Ireland all the time with UPS reporting that it would be delivered in TX on the next Monday 3/1 (what madness is this!). I've had a lot of things ship from the UK or Europe and make pretty good time, but a 3/1 arrival seems rather... aspirational on UPS's part.

Then UPS says 3/2 is the TX delivery date while the X20 is enjoying Dublin. The next day it's languishing in Cologne, Germany (Köln, DE). UPS thinks it will deliver on 3/3 (tomorrow).

A lot of bad data it seems.

Q? If you get tagged for the customs/duties/etc., is it always $79 as I read it here? If so I might get a cashier's check just in case, and void it if it sails through. Curious if everyone that gets tagged, gets tagged for the same amount.

Enjoying the show.

Thanks.
On the bright side, its CF and the top won't split and the finish won't crack sitting ia a cold trailer for a few days