View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 04:18 AM

Default Pedalboard Hum Help

Hi all. I have problems with my current pedal set up.
Pedal chain is guitar > knock off tube screamer (Joyo Vintage Overdrive) > Joyo American Sound > NUX looper > Yamaha THR 10C. I use this for practice and it is great for that.
Problem 1. I use a daisy chain (6 plugs) to power the pedals. It all works fine if only the American Sound and Looper are plugged in but if I add the Vintage Overdrive it hums like a swarm of bees. Power the Vintage Overdrive by battery and the hum goes away. I checked the power requirements of all 3 pedals before buying the power supply - and while not a 1 spot it is rated with more capacity than all 3 pedals together. It was however a cheap daisy chain. I don't want to go to the expense of independent power supply for each pedal like the 1 Spot Pro. Would a better quality daisy chain help? The Vintage Overdrive has had the same battery for about 18 months, so going through batteries is not a problem, but it is really difficult to get the battery out of the pedal (ridiculously so).
2. Having to set it all up each time I want to practice takes time and puts me off practice, or limits the amount of time I practice. A pedal board would allow me to keep them hooked up, move them easily and set up and take down more quickly. Any suggestions for a good cheap pedal board that would fit 5 or less pedals?
Thanks.