View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 07:51 PM
Charter Member

Default Right On Paul!

Aloha K&G,

Thank you for this really great thread & your personal related stories & reflections in the last post & beyond. All I can say is "good on ya mate," Paul. You ARE a Beatle at heart, K&G.

I hope they will inspire more AGFer's to check out that amazing Beatles "Get Back" documentary on Disney Plus TV.

Personally, I related the most to who George was in the Beatles. All those riffs! And all those pent-up amazing songs later on "All Things Must Pass." Wow! Loved the guy! Miss him!

Unlike the Beatles, who hated playing live after '64, I LIVED for my nightly live gigs (maybe 12-13,000 overall?). I always MUCH preferred playing live for folks compared to the grind & my limitations alone in a static, un-peopled studio. That was more for fun, especially with DAW's.

Of course, I would have loved it if girls had tried to tear my clothes off on-stage (sometimes they did on my break - Ha!) or if I were able to play through a U67 or the most current ANALOG gear in my 20's instead of much later in life with digital tools. Ha!

Of course, I didn't have George Martin sitting next to me either.... could you imagine that, K&G?!?

Do you have an all-time favorite Beatles song, K&G?

For Me, there are so many Beatles favorites that mine vary with the season or with my long-ago memories. Ex: In '63, Bonnie Salas & I did it on the HS auditorium stage in the middle of the day (we couldn't wait to "Do It In The Road!". Luckily, "No one will be watching us!" My favorite song associated with that memory was "She Loves You": Ya! Ya! Ya! Ya!!!!!!

Beatles songs are often my portal into the details of those long ago teen-age memories (thank God!). Where would we all be without those Four Liverpudlian Lads?!? Sheesh! They still live for guys like you & me. "GET BACK to where you once belonged!"

Mahalo a nui, Knives & Guitars!
alohachris

Last edited by alohachris; 01-11-2022 at 08:07 PM.