View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 06:09 PM

Hi Richard. I remember you from the 2001 Healdsburg guitar festival where I first met Lance. I've got the 15th guitar that Lance built from 1996. It is called an MJ, and it fits into a standard OM sized case. He abandoned the MJ I think after he started making the Meghan model. I bought it through Hank Maul a few years ago. I've taken good care of it. The neck was reset and later the intonation worked on and a pickup put in. I take it out with me to plug in when I go to jams. It sustained a new ding on the top last weekend at a really fun jam. It's OK, because that guitar had spent way too much time in the case in it's early life, and that little ding now reminds me of good times.

Lance was the first luthier I was taken by when I attended my first Healdsburg guitar festival back in 2001. I knew him through several gatherings and festivals over the years, and we had talked about having a custom guitar made for me. I really regretted not having done that, but I am fortunate to own a fine example of his work. I also own a fine Kathy Wingert model F she made for me in 2010. They were great friends!

Svea