View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
At some point, I'm going to have to turn my attention to dust collection, cause holy cow. That made more dust than truing up the drum did. My skin was coated with it. Good thing I had a dust mask. It also interferes with the sander doing it's job. Starts to accumulate on the surface of the wood and hinders the sander. You can hear the motor struggling to get through sometimes.
I can't help but sit back and shake my head as you continue to prove my point that reinventing the wheel to arrive at already well-known information is the hard, slow, inefficient way to get there. Sure, I get it that sometimes it isn't about the destination but, rather, the journey. Carry on... I don't want to interrupt the journey.

I won't waste your time and tell you about the severe allergy I developed to ebony dust - even the most minute quantities - from doing exactly what you've described you are doing. (Others have done so with cocobolo and other rosewoods.) You'll figure it out yourself.

Time for me to "contribute" less.

Quote:
Ideally, you'll want about 400 CFM of air flow for dust collection. You'll also want some sort of dust shroud to keep the dust "in".
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...3&postcount=32

Last edited by charles Tauber; 07-06-2013 at 10:32 PM.