View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 06:15 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Two Superlative Edwinson EPC-F Performance Guitars Available Now

Hi, everyone. I have two excellent new Edwinson EPC-F Performance guitars available now. The Performance model is the largest in the Edwinson line, equivalent to a GA or SJ size class. These guitars have a great deal of power, presence, and tonal range. I built these two guitars in the spring and summer of this year, to bring to Tom Bowersox's annual B.I.G. show in New Braunfels, TX. I really pulled out the stops on both of these instruments, including most of the high-end features I offer. I think these guitars are two of the best Performance guitars I've made to date, advancing the benchmark, in my never-ending quest for that Holy Grail tone. For me, half the fun of making guitars is to continually evolve the designs to make them better and better. And making these show guitars is the ideal opportunity to try out some new ideas.

The guitars listed in this thread are featured HERE, in my current thread, in the Custom Shop section.

The first one I'd like to show you is a Florentine cutaway version, with beautifully figured Ziricote back and sides- one of my all-time favorite woods to build with- and a mastergrade Tunnel 14 Redwood top. The back and the top are also braced with Tunnel 14 Redwood, which definitely contributes a special kind of mystery and magic to the tone. Bracing with Redwood may seem to be an unconventional choice; but to me, it's a natural choice, and I think the BEST choice!

The neck is a laminated construction of curly Honduran Mahogany, and the bindings, bevels, bridge, fingerboard, and other trim elements are black Gabon Ebony. The purflings throughout are flamed Maple, with blue and black veneer lines.

Here are some photos. Specifications and other pertinent info are detailed below.

The Specifications:
Lower bout width: 16 3/16"; Upper bout width: 11 3/4"; Scale length: 25.5";
Nut width: 1 25/32"; String spread @ saddle: 2 5/16"; FB Radius: 16".
Thirteen frets-to-body, twenty frets total; Evo Gold Medium frets. Nut and saddle are unbleached bone, and the bridge pins are also unbleached bone with I gave the vintage relic treatment.

Special Features:
Florentine Cutaway; Dual side sound ports, bound and purfled; Delta Asym Headstock with Constellation inlay;
Arm and rib bevels, in a hybrid design, combining Ryan and Laskin style elements;
Style One appointments (all shop-made, three-ply purflings) including an Element style Rosette, with radial Ziricote inner ring, copper lines, spalted Maple tiles, and Flamed Maple inner and outer rings with blue and black veneer lines, and the sound hole is bound with Ebony and a blue veneer line;
Style One segmented back strip inlay, featuring a picture-framed spalted Maple center piece, and a matching end graft.
Fingerboard inlays are Ziricote, framed with blue lines, and Azurite and Turquoise stone dots.
The Tuning machines are Schertler Swiss-made open gear tuners with a matte black finish, 18:1 ratio.

This guitar has a lot of subtle blue accents throughout, which I think is a beautiful look with these fine woods. I guess that career-wise, you could say I'm in my Blue period these days...

This guitar was played and enjoyed by a lot of people at the BIG show, and it was highly complemented by everyone who played it. Mike Apollo described the tone as "Glorious". Another person called it "Profound". I have an iPhone video of Carl Miner playing it; I just have to figure out how to post videos that are not on YouTube. I can handle a chisel or a saw pretty well, but I'm a little slow with tech stuff!

As for the price: It ain't cheap; but compared to other guitars in its class, it's not that expensive either. The spec price of this guitar is $10,825, with a custom Ameritage Gold Series case; My starting offer here is $10,325.

I also have a slightly cheaper Crossrock CRF2021 Silver-grey fiberglass case- not a custom case, but a very fine quality, well-fitting flight case. Spec price of the guitar with the Crossrock case is $10,725; but I am offering this package for $10,225.
So, that's $500 off the list price for either package. I am also happy to consider reasonable offers. Please feel free to ask!

As always with a private sale, I insist that the buyer will have several days to try the guitar out and make sure it's a perfect fit, before committing to buy it. I'm pretty sure you would decide unequivocally within ten minutes, but a few days audition will make whoever decides to own this guitar even more certain. One thing I really love about guitars is that no amount of hype will make a guitar any better than it actually is. Guitars can only give you their honest testimony, in your hands. And I am committed to making sure that for whomever becomes the owner of this guitar, it will be a true love match.

Here are a few more detail photos of the Ziri EPC-F Performance guitar:

I will show the other EPC-F Performance (Multiscale!) in another post below. If you're curious, stay tuned... Thanks for looking! And take your time- I'm in no hurry to let this guitar go. It's been reigniting my passion for playing all over again.