View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 09:58 AM

I guess I can relate a bit. You're in transition. Don't give it up, you've been at it too long, you know you will regret it if you do.

Just to give another perspective.. What's changed the most drastically for me is the desire to not have to deal with the drama and the baggage from playing with others.

Add to the top of this, incompatible visions, and egos, basically people not being on the same page. It's a lot of effort for not a lot of dough. The money just isn't there any more, not like it once was

Not that I ever played/performed for the money, but as I just passed my 62nd spin around the sun, I don't have a lot of patience to work the hours needed for 100 bucks a gig. Nope! No thanks.

The people I am most comfortable working with tend to leave all the details to guys who refuse to ignore them, meaning, one guy does most of the work, and the others grab their take and go home. That guy sweating these details is usually me.

The transition for me was to do something I never envisioned myself doing. Solo work. Once I figured out where my wheel house was material wise I found it's a lot less hassle and over all, pretty easy.

and then there is this, which resonates perfectly with me:
"Why does it have to be for anyone BUT yourself anyway?"