View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 08:13 AM
AGF Sponsor

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Having seen that maple on your shelf where it did not know it was a guitar yet, it was beautiful and my imagination let me envision what it would look like finished, however, in this case my imagination was sorely mistaken and underestimated what was to come. Holy Cow, that is as amazing as any maple I have ever seen and really, if as rare as the Tree, one could argue it is right there with the tree in looks. Wow!
Thanks Tom,

The figure really did pop. It is difficult to capture in a photo just how deep those cup figures actually appear. When you move it in the light it appears you are looking into golden bowels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmsone View Post
Wow!!! that maple guitar looks ridiculous when finished. The finish really pops out all that cocobolo, i hadn't even spotted the extra cocobolo embellishments on the headstock before but they really set it off. And along with that, the maple looks killer too!
The Cocobolo really does show up well. It's hard to get the photo exposure wide enough that the color of both the Cocobolo and the maple show at the same time.

Thanks,
Mark

“Let me make the songs of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws.”. Andrew Fletcher