View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 12:26 PM

I bought a Washburn HD100swcek from my local music store. I never considered a Washburn. I play a Martin DC16GTE and a 12 string Taylor when I am out. Was looking for a second 6 string to have at the ready in an alternate tuning. Store manager asked "ever played one of these"? Solid mahogony back and sides, solid torrified sitka spruce top, Fishman electronics, nice hard shell case, warm, great sustain and easy action. Sounds good acoustic or through my Fender acoustic amp. (I have not tried it through my PA yet) I went back to the store 3 times to play in before I purchased. I even checked out the bracing inside to see if I could find some place where they cut some corners. Nope. After I failed to find a good reason not to buy, I forked over $700 and out the door I went. We will see what happens after some time but so far - so good. The usual price is $800 but I bought it on Christmas Eve and the manager dropped another $100. Oh, I have noticed that it did not come with a strap button for the strap. I think they run a couple of bucks. Time will tell if it was money well spent. But if you are looking in that price range and you happen to see the HD100swscek try it out. It got my attention.