View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 11:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickRundall View Post
I recently had a very enjoyable hour long phone call with Karan about speccing up an OM. He's a great guy to deal with and has access to such an exciting wood stash. We talked about doing an OM with a cutaway, modified for 12 fret neck join, with old growth Sitka top and either Spalted Tamarind or figured Indian Redwood back and sides. I was interested in trying to combine my favourite elements of my Matsuda M1 and a traditional 000 12fret. Who the hell knows if this is even possible!??? But Karan was very open to finding solutions to what I'm after. I've had to hit the pause button on this for the time being, but I hope to be in a position to hit the 'GO' button at some point soon. Karan is a very exciting builder who I'm following very closely.
Much like your Matsuda journey, I have fallen in love with my Kostals. Karan spent 4 weeks with Jason and was able to spend a lot of time discussing the ins and outs of building guitars. I am very excited to see how he learned from Jason and to see what was implemented in his builds. This project that we are doing together is very exciting to me and I believe is his first Mod D! Going for an OM 12th fret with Karan would be amazing to see! You can play one of his guitars coming to the UK soon!

Here are pictures of the guitar coming together very nicely. The nitro finish curing very very nicely!

Omega Braz MJ, 2011 Omega MJ Braz Baritone
Ryan Cathedral ABW/Bosnian
Build thread: 2011 Kostal Mod D Brazilian/German
Build thread: 2019 Kostal MDW Brazilian/German
Build thread:2019 Bigfoot Mod D