View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
I think Jason's Mod D has some of the most elegant lines in the business. This guitar looks terrific under every angle, which cannot be said of all dreadnoughts.
Agreed. This is the first Dread I've owned (and likely the last). One of the questions I'm getting asked a lot is "is it big to hold"? This is especially the case because I don't have a wedge; just couldn't afford it - had to draw the line somewhere. Well, there's no denying its a big guitar but it feels rather easier to me to play than, say, a Lowden O. Both are deep guitars but the fact that the waist is forward on the MD compared to a standard Martin dread means it feels a bit smaller. Also, the cutaway makes it look smaller (and so feel smaller) when you are playing - it's odd but there is "less there" when you look down when playing.

There's no pretending it's the size of an OM though. Nor does it sound like an OM. This is a BIG guitar - the bass response is thunderous and I'm confident it would not suit everyone; the OM is the best compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bords View Post
Also love the red chucks and the crib
Yeah - I know "crib" from "MTV cribs" which I love watching. It seems to me the USA focus is more on how much room you have rather than the number of bedrooms. Over here, people are fixated on the number of bedrooms; Irrespective of the size of the house, a 5-bedroom house trumps a 4-bedroom house every time. Totally illogical - I saw some "3-bed" houses on MTV that were so large you could drive a car around the lounge! You guys have the right idea!

However, "chucks" is a new one on me!

Cheers,
Steve