View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 12:56 PM

I can't speak for the particular models you mentioned other than I've played a TA dread before, played nice.

BUT, my main guitar is a Yamaha LL16, all I'm gonna say is up until two years ago when I bought it, I never even once considered ever owning a Yamaha. I always associated them with cheap thin sounding beginner guitars, which there are definitely those around IMO. For some reason the LL6 and LL16 caught my eye when in L&M a couple years ago, so I tried them. I couldn't believe the quality feel and sound. I bought the LL16, and now I promote the LL's to everyone because of how impressed I've been. It feels like I could go to war with it, if that makes sense. Kinda heavy yet very loud and clear, and with a bone saddle swap, some phosphors and thicker picks it can be warm at the same time. Love it.

So if my experience is any indication of the quality of Yamaha's, I would recommend trying them. The L line is higher end but still very affordable.
I've played some of the A line, SO nice to play. I'm also very anxious to try the FG5 and 3.