Thread: Boss VE-8
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenpretzel View Post
to be clear does the switch allow you to have the function of a regular two button looper?
so does one button allow you to start the looping process and then pushing it again chooses the endpoint but keeps the loop playing and then the second button stops the loop (and perhaps erases it if you hold it down)
also do i undertand that you have to use a button to choose to record mic or guitar? rather than on my digitech stereo it recordes either or both at the same time?
I believe so. The original looper button (third one all the way to the right) functions as it did. I set the first assignable pedal on the external button unit as a second looper pedal. It stops the loop with a single press, and if you hold it down it erases the loop.

I have the second button on the external button unit set as a source select for the looper. It alternates between guitar, vocal and guitar and vocal together. Most of the time keeping this input to record both guitar and vocal is probably the best solution, but there are times when you might want to record a guitar verse while you are singing and then play back the loop of just the guitar while you solo.

One thing to note is that the guitar and vocals are recorded separately even though they are controlled together. Thus if you have your vocal running through a PA and your guitar running through an acoustic amp, the vocal part of the loop will play back through the PA and the guitar will play back through your amp.

There is just one loop and no undo function.

There is a parametric mid frequency on both the guitar and mic channels as well as high pass filters preset to Off/60/160 Hz. I use the mid frequency on the guitar to lower the resonance around 200 Hz. That way I only have to use the notch filter if I'm pressing the volume.

There are four outputs, two quarter inch high impedence TS and two XLR. These are quite versatile and you can set the quarter inch outputs and the XLR outputs separately. You can do things like run a stereo mix with reverb to a stereo guitar amp and feed a PA system separate guitar and vocals without reverb through the two XLR outputs for instance.

I'm using it mostly as a guitar / vocal processor and have only a passing interest in the looper and harmonizer functions, though I must admit that they are fun to play with.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk