View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarisrshevy View Post
It depends on the concert size and the venue. Most gigs i sound-check half an hour before doors open. I send a tech-spec sheet (which and how many mics, number of guitar D.I's, do i need an XLR lead or a chair ect...) this way most sound men can have an idea of what i need.

If your running or organizing then get some of this stuff published. Set a time for each soloist/band to turn up and sound-check and let them know when they should turn up. Get every performer to send you a techspec sheet well before the gig so you can accommodate any requirements.
^ This. I run a monthly acoustic showcase ... 4 invited performers, a feature performer, then a few open mic slots to end the evening. A requirement is that each performer provide me a list of their requirements. The only real soundcheck I do is for the feature, everyone else I wing it (but I've done it enough that I get in the ball park real quick). Some acts don't give me a sheet beforehand, in which case they may not be invited back again. And yes, I do have everything published and it gets emailed to invitees prior to the event, and is available to the open mic participants at the event when they sign up.

I should mention that it's an acoustic showcase and I don't deal with drum kits, backline amps (maybe a bass amp), pedal boards, loopers, etc.