View Single Post
Old 03-13-2022, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
. Humm ??????? Seems a little dazed and confused of what Audio is about. I don't know anybody pro or serious amateur that would want to use a computer sound card for Audio Mic input I suppose for voice over might be OK, but I would not use it for music audio.

She is also confused about the ports on the back of the Studio they are TB 4 not USB C
IMO the array of ports offered is totally mid size "studio" and down... No doubt the big dogs will likely wait for the new Mac Pro

Interestingly enough I use my studio interface and studio HP's when editing video ....Given I have mixed the Audio in PT and that is the audio I use in FCPX, I see no reason to downgrade the audio to the computer sound card ... I also use my interface when streaming Youtube or Sound cloud on my studio system . So I cant think of a reason to try to hook monitors to my computer
Apple's new headphone output does 96kHZ...which should be sufficient for any monitors...or any video audio...or audio in general. And even if , like on older macs when audio in was only cd quality, many midrange guitar interfaces are only cd quality as well, so what's the difference? Only maybe if you're recording an acoustic guitar with a neumann...and then 96kHZ would still be good. Although fcx supports 192kHZ samples....I can't hear any difference between 192 and 96. Can you? And I'm sure that hollywood film systems use great audio interfaces for their editing suites....but 99% of professionally edited video doesn't use 192kHZ. Most editors use 16bit 44.1kHZ. And DaVinci Resolve doesn't even support 192....and it's more 'industry standard' than fcx. And you listen to soundcloud thru your interface. Really?.... guess you just like buying equipment. I have serious doubts there's any reason to stream soundcloud thru an interface. Can you share your reasoning.
Takamine F349, Takamine g340, Yamaha LL6M, Enya X4pm
'78 Fender Strat
Univox Ultra elec12string
Lute 13 strings
Gibson Les Paul Triumph Bass
Piano, Keyboards, Controllers, Marimba, Dusty Strings harp