View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 07:44 PM
Charter Member

I have watched these resos being built over the last few years but hesitated to buy one. It was just a lot of money to make a leap of faith purchase without playing one.

My son wanted to make a circumnavigation of Lake Michigan as well as say he has seen all 5 great lakes (I'm proud of his 13 year old geography goals). Well I studied the map and low and behold I could stop through Saginaw along the way.

I reached out to Matt and he was very gracious to let me and my family stop by and visit the shop. We arrived and he took about an hour of his time to walk us through the his manufacturing process and play a couple. I was immediately smitten.

We left and my wife said that was such a great experience and I like the sound. You should buy one. I think more than anything Matt's enthusiasm for his product along with some Billy Gibbons stories and the fact that his build quality is incredible made me an immediate customer.

I put a deposit on one the next day. That was August per the wait, I am looking at a March/April arrival. I count the days. Will be a Tricone Brass model the dirtier looking the better.
2017 Huss and Dalton CM Custom Sinker/Italian
2017 Martin OMC 18
2017 Martin Custom Shop OM Cherry/Adi
2020 Martin OO Flyfishing
2020 Huss and Dalton TOM-R Maple/Alaskan Sitka
2023 Beard Radio Standard Odyssey