View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 10:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martie View Post
Precisely. Fortunately, 'feelings' will never (ever!) trump facts and gluten simply isn't good for us, at all! And no matter how many people continue to insist (feel) that gluten-free is just another 'fad', the facts tell a very different story indeed (see my previous post).

"But we've been eating certain foods for centuries with no problems!"

Really? That all depends on an individuals level of understanding, and to the extent that is limited, so is their perception of the problem, which is seemingly non-existent to the more 'feeling' driven.

Just to say, I became gluten-free to support my daughter when she was diagnosed as coeliac (which is on the rise). And I have never been in better health. Again, see my previous post for a greater understanding of just how this rubbish is affecting people, whether they are aware of it or not (reality NEVER discriminates!), and people who I haven't seen for a while comment, almost without fail, how better I'm looking.

And it amazes me how people can eat the rubbish that passes for food (usually because they've seen it advertised) and then have a problem with gluten free produce being advertised! And yet, when it's stuff that they 'understand' (they usually don't) it's just good old fashioned "marketing/advertising" that's been used to sell it. But when it's something they (also) don't understand, it's "propaganda".

Another shout out to those with the guts (probably healthy!) to produce and make available these very much needed (so-called) 'alternatives'...
I'd like to see a scientific study which supports this. For celiac patients, of course we all understand the issue. For the rest of us I mean. I understand there is an equally small population of people who suffer from non celiac wheat sensitivity, but this hasn't been linked to gluten. For the rest of us, whole wheat can be a great source of protein carbohydrate (what your brain runs on) and other important phytonutrients, playing a role in staving off cancers, diabetes, and more.

Most people who make changes to their diets feel better, no matter what the change. Watching what you eat generally makes for better health.

Maybe the science is out there, I just haven't seen it yet. Genuinely curious.