Thread: Dazzos!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br1ck View Post
Could it be that Teddy has installed every Dazzo I have?

Funny story, I took my Texan to the shop where I bought it to check on an adjustment. They saw the Dazzo sticker and were excited to try it out. I grabbed my SunnAudio Stage 1 DI out of my case and told them to plug it in and set all the EQ flat. They ignored me, plugged into a Fishstick and started screwing with the EQ like it was a K&K. I told them again not to mess with the EQ,use the SunnAudio to optimize the impedance match, and did they have something that wasn't a Fishstick? (not a fan) Again I was ignored. I finally just took my guitar and said it was pointless if they didn't want to hear the Dazzos in a proper light they were wasting both of our time. They were just stuck on the EQ setting they used for every other SBT they had ever heard. Rolled the bass off and then didn't like the bass. Cut the mids then didn't like the mids.
It is second nature to many to cut the mids. It’s in an acoustic guitarists DNA somehow. I find that I can get the “pop” I need for clarity by boosting treble. Sometimes I may reduce bass and leave the treble alone. I sometimes do one or the other. That’s it. If I try cutting mids, It never sounds better to me.
Oregon Duck Fan
Guitars by: Collings, Bourgeois, Taylor
Pickups by: Dazzo
Preamps by: Sunnaudio
Amps by: Bose (S1)
Grateful