View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipotle View Post
Amplitube just on the electric part?

I can't say that I ever had a "no plugins" attitude, but these days going direct with FX in the box has so many advantages, especially for recording at home. Being able to tweak and change things after the fact is great, being able to try "equipment" you don't have, and being able to get monster tones without blowing out your family and neighbors.

Even acoustically, being able to EQ, compress and add nice reverb without a rack of physical gear is amazing.
Yes - Amplitude on the electric guitar
Rode Classic 2 mic - on the lead vocal
Violet Globe Vintage mic - on the Martin

You hit the nail on the head when you said "Being able to tweak and change things after the fact is great, being able to try "equipment" you don't have, and being able to get monster tones without blowing out your family and neighbors" I own a lot of amps that can cop similar tones to the amps they model in this Fender amp collection 2. So I can try out a bunch of different models, but when I find the amp I like best, I can use the actual amp later when I can record loud! But to be clear, these models are so good that, sometimes, the guitar tracks I record with them are good enough!

My bedroom where I record in my house is very close to my neighbors house, so no guitar amps at night. And many times I can record acoustic guitars and vocals when my girl is out working, and when she comes home from work, or when she goes to sleep at night, I can record/overdub electric guitar parts!