View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 07:07 PM

Well while we can't compete with the Artisan Show that now has a thread going, we are doing our best to offer something the big shows can't, personal interaction and one on one relationships. That was really the point of this from the beginning, not to be so large we lose the one on one approach.

Please see below the current working schedule of the two day event March 30-31st including luthiers, workshops, lessons, music, concerts, food, and getting to meet me!!!!

Saturday: Hours 10 AM to 8 PM: Guitars on display and ready to test drive from Bruce Sexauer, Jason Kostal, Steve Kinnaird and Ryan Middlebrook, Ben Wilborn, Edwinson guitars, and Two Hands Guitar Company. Gerry Humphrey of Humphrey acoustic amps will be there with his amps which are fantastic! John Thomas will also be present with his WWII Gibson as well as his books and expertise.

11:30 AM to 1:00: Michael Watts workshop which is for all levels and all style of player. Individual lessons will be scheduled with Michael throughout the two day event.

1:30 to 3:00/3:30: Music by Paul Nichols and wife Cindy.

2:00 to ??? Texas BBQ, Brisket, pulled pork, sausage, various sides, water, ice tea, soft drinks, wine, beer, whiskey sampling. Desserts

4:00 to 4:45: Music by Bruce Sexauer himself!!! I hear this young man can back up his building skills with his playing!!!

6:00 to 7:00: Concert under the lights by Frog and Toad (Brad Jones/Ben Wilborn). This will be under the Texas stars and live Oaks. Should be magicial. Grab a glass of red and settle in for some great music.

7:00 to 8:00: Michael Watts gets a chance to show off his Kostal and his amazing fingerstyle playing all the way from England to us in Texas!!! Come on now folks, not bad right????

Sunday: 10:00 to 3:00 PM: Guitars and luthiers waiting for you!

10 to noon: Brunch with mimosas and Bloody Mary Bar!

11:30 to 12:30: Guitar building seminar, philosophies, methods, and techniques by Bruce Sexauer simply one of the most accomplished luthiers of our time.

1:00 to 2:00: John Thomas, Vintage Gibson world renown expert will demonstrate his gone to war Gibson as well as discuss Vintage Gibsons, the Kalamazoo girls, and the documentary that is currently being made regarding this guitar!!! You will be shocked at the folks who have played this instrument. You can too.

2:00 to 3:00: Finalize purchases/commisions. Let's start planning the next year!!!!

These are the scheduled items, I can only imagine the jam sessions we will have with all the talented AGF members coming!!!

About 10 more spots open if interested in coming. Hope to see you all there!

Tom

Last edited by TomB'sox; 01-12-2019 at 10:43 PM.