View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 10:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Although not coated, the Newtone Double wound round cores were nice. Now I can't seem to find anywhere that has them in stock.
You need to order direct from Newtone. Since Malcolm Newton retired, the new owner of the business, Neil Silverman, has taken a different business-model route, and the best way to obtain Newtone strings is by ordering directly from the business.

Bear in mind that Newtone are a small-scale business - just the owner and, I believe, two employees, working out of a small industrial unit, about an hour’s drive from my home - so they don’t have the administrative efficiencies of the large-scale manufacturers, emails can be slow in answering because the same guys who do the admin work also make the strings! They can supply the common gauges and string-types from stock, but the less common strings have to be made to order so, if you’re ordering something ‘exotic’, delivery can take some time. And of course, Covid-19 social-distancing rules here are having an effect on their operation.

But for sure, what you’ll get are superb, hand-made strings and personal service.

https://newtonestrings.com/

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)