Thread: Guitar weight
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotALuth View Post
If this continues to be a problem there are a number of straps/harnesses (often aimed at electric bass players) on the market which aim to combat this by distributing the weight onto both shoulders or even to the waist.

Slinger straps is one such company, but there are others. I have no affiliation to them or even experience of their products. I couldn’t find the company who used to make a x-brace neoprene harness years ago, maybe they went out of business.

Anyway, I hope you find a solution (at least it’s not a Precision Bass, or worse, an old Kramer aluminium-necked bass where you spent the whole evening trying to stop the headstock from diving to the floor!).

Regards,
Clive.
I can attest to the comments regarding bass's and would add that the weight of the guitar may not be the cause of the discomfort but more likely the position,both vertically and horizontally of your playing stance. It can take a fair bit of experimental time to find the optimal position,but its worth the input,( especially if your fond of 4+ hour jam band sessions.)