View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 11:14 AM
Charter Member

Default Fleetwood Mac & the Chain etc.

I always liked Fleetwood Mac from way back when they were just a pretty cool blues band made uot of many other Bleus bands that i saw in the early/mid sixties.

The night before late I stayed us WAY too late watching two documentaries on the band.

I had heard that there was tension in the relationships within the band, but had never really been that interested, just enjoyed the albums without delving too much into the meanings of the lyrics etc.
One (of many) fine song was "The Chain" which in the UK heard every other Sunday on BBC when we watched the F1 races as Mcvie's bass riff and Buckingham's tension building lead solo was a great opener for motor races.

Watching these two compelling documentaries made me aware of how those tensions were played out in the making of their music and how the lyrics expressed them.

Here is a shot YouTube thingy about the making of the Chain which pretty much says what was on TV the other night.

I had never realised that "The Chain" was perceived as their professional responsibilities holding together fractured marriages etc.