View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 11:12 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
Here's a few examples on solo guitar. Two short examples, one slow, the other a bit more fingerpicky. On each example, I start with a dry pass, then two different UAD presets. Obviously there are a lot of variables here, from all the tweaking the plugin allows, to the reverb mix. I tried to make these realistic mixes, but may have erred on the side of wanting to hear the reverb. Order is

Ex 1. Dry
Ex 1. "Awesome Room"
Ex 1. "The One"

Ex 2. Dry
Ex 2. "Acoustic Guitar"
Ex 2. "Piano"

I'd be hard pressed to put into words what sounds so different on the Capitol Chambers reverbs, but there's definitely a quality to them that I don't get from any of my other reverbs. I'm not saying it's better than the others, but it's different in a very good way. I think I'll find a lot of use for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by min7b5 View Post
Sound On Sound put up this new video last week touring Capitol Studios. There's some discussion of the actual echo chambers, but mostly I just thought this was a fun video about the studios in general. https://youtu.be/Ex85UBvDrgQ
s

That was a fun watch. It's so cool to see video taken today that looks so much like it did in photographs of Sinatra and others that were taken there.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube