View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 04:26 PM

Cool Stylists & Artist

The [ Pop Music ] scene type talent has it's place . Sometimes It's only a brief moment in the life of an entertainer
when it comes to the Big Time and longevity .

IMHO it appears that those who last transcend and rise above the [ Pop Culture ] thing and into the realm of the true
artist who can cover any mood or style with equal proficiency and stay healthy are the biggest stars .

It's all good to me - some gooder than others through the passage of time . One great example is Itzhak Prealman a classical violinist :
http://www.itzhakperlman.com/

At 13 I saw his TV debut in 1958 I was 8 years old . His concerts have the humorous along side of the serious every time .
He is the consumat artist virtuoso and an unbelievable super human doing this since suffering polio as a child and from
crutches to wheelchair he carved his way into being a career musician he's still performing today - talking serious longevity .

In the realm of guitar these names come to mind although some didn't have the longevity :
Tommy Emmanuel
Django
Andre Segovia
Charlie Bird
George Benson
Charlie Christian
Wes Montgomery
Eddie Lang
Lonnie Johnson
Jimmy Rogers the singing brakeman
Chet Atkins

and many many more than I could begin to name .

¡ All these cats could get serious and funny in the same song !
EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me