View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
Yikes indeed, Tom, but I wouldn't worry about your Lucky 13 delaminating like that. In fact, while the wood veneer did delaminate on bsman's x7, it looks like the CF is still in tact.
I am not worried about nicks and cuts on either of my CF guitars though I generally try to avoid those situations (by keeping them out of construction zones). What I am worried about is someone taking one of these beauties for a joy ride and me not finding Baby waiting for me when I cruise into the office.

Besides being a good story to tell to scare all those baby guitars (aka ukes) into behaving better when they grow up, I bet Alistair will get in contact (if he or Sean hasn't already) to see if there is anymore information to gather. That looks like quite a crack and I would call it a chip knocked out (which IMO is over and above basic delaminating). That's clearly not basic wear and tear or moderate abuse or neglect even. That guitar had a pretty aggressive experience with Newton's third law of motion unless there was a defect in the manufacturing. Since the chip is missing I am going with something crazy happened and I blame the teenagers (some may be in their twenties) who clean the office at night. Notice I have no evidence other than a missing chip. This is how rumors get started.

Bottom Line - Yikes!

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?