View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 07:07 AM

Default Dave's compact PA system adventures...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratcat77 View Post
Hey Dave,

I'm in the same search right now. Been using a pair of Mackie SRM 450s for tops and two JBL EON10s for monitors. I like the sound, but its a lot to set up.

I have three local musician friends who all do acoustic gigs and bought the Turbosound IP2000 and all love it. I'm very tempted to buy one. One hesitation is the 55 pound sub as you mentioned. If I move away from my current system, it will be to simplify and cut down on weight. I've thought about the Maui 5 and the JBL One, but clearly the IP2000 has way more headroom than those choices and I'd hate to find myself in a situation where I don't have enough power.

I'll be curious to hear where you end up!!!

I'm right there with you StratCat. Based on my experience with the new mixer, I like the idea of the iP2000. I can lift 55lbs. And it's not like I am going to lift it very often. My rehearsal space is in the basement up and down a large flight of steps with a tight turn through the main level. I envision lots of paint/mud repair on those wall corners. :-)

How do your friends cope with the weight of the sub. Is it awkward to lift?

My only hesitation with the JBL is using my mixer with the onboard mixer. The gain stages on the JBL are oddly low on the line settings. Others here do seem to get by ok. I wish it had dual XLR line inputs. Then, the decision would be easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro