View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
I grabbed one of the 1st batch, and I know a few others who also got them, so we've been comparing notes. These are very well done, and quite a deal if you're wanting to try out a harp guitar. You can see Stephen Bennett playing one of them on various You Tube demos. If he's happy, they're good enough! The main question is just whether you want to invest the effort in learning a somewhat different instrument. So far, I'm finding it a bit challenging - lots of strings to keep track of! - yet easier than I expected. The sound is very cool, and the overall playability of the instrument, aside from the new challenge of the harp strings, is very good, much more than you'd expect for the price.
I've been on the fence about buying one of these. I've been interested in finding a reaonably priced harp guitar, that is playable and has good sound. I had an opportunity to pick up an old Gibson harp guitar, but was beaten to the punch. With the comments on this thread so far, it sounds as if it may be a good value.

Doug and Hoink-other than (I assume) a set up, the overall quality of build is acceptable? Perhaps you would be willing to go into a little more detail?

And if you would provide a little more detail on the tone of these instruments (subjective as it may be) it would be appreciated.
Guitars; Esteban -"Tribute to Paula Abdul L.E." Arturo Fuente- Cigar Box"Hand Made" First Act-"Diamond Bling" Main Street- "Flaming Acoustic" Silvertone-"Paul Stanley Dark Star" Daisy Rock- "Purple Daze"