View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 06:16 AM
Charter Member

Default New original "Airborne" dedicated to those affected by COVID-19

Hey AGF fam, this will be a long intro, so bear with me.

I began composing this piece entitled “Airborne” almost two weeks ago before this pandemic became a tangible reality for so many of us - The working title was “Peace and Tension” and since then it has evolved and revealed a lot of very important, profound truths to me. It took more than a week for me to realize that what I was really composing about was fear, or more accurately anxiety, which perpetuated from being cut off from the things and people I love, having to sell 3 guitars because of the likelihood of not having gigs for 2-3 months, even feeling pressure as a professional performing artist to do constant live-streams to stay relevant or make tips.

I’ve refrained from posting any thoughts on the coronavirus situation as I’m aware of how congested everyone’s head is about it, including my own. What became clear to me yesterday when I finished this song is that I've been coping with the tension by writing, and that not everyone is lucky enough to have a healthy or even efficient coping-mechanism in this time. I acknowledge that I don’t have it as bad as many of you or your loved ones. All I have to offer is this song, it is a dedication to loved ones who have been affected by COVID-19, in one way or another.

It should be stated that the most profound truth I realized from composing this song is that music is all I have - and ever will have to offer this world…I think my guitar has been telling me during our abundant, late-night conversations lately that it needs to be offered more now than ever in my 26 years on this rock. Music is the great communicator and the most important gift we have in this life other than the ability to love and care for eachother in our brief time here. I hope this song can move or ease the minds of at least a few of you. If you deem it worthy of a share, please do so. Later today this guitar is being shipped out to a fellow forum member and capturing this song has felt like a way of saying “goodbye" and "thank you” to it. I enjoyed my time with it so much.

https://youtu.be/ogsYFl_fjT4

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com

Last edited by Dustinfurlow; 03-29-2020 at 03:42 PM.