View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 07:41 AM

Here are some my more popular original / parody songs

"Winds of Change"- a song that came to me in a dream all about leaving a place to make a new start most likely from watching too many episodes of the TV show "Justified" as that was one of the main themes of the show (Gettin out of Harlin).

"You Shouldn't Eat That" a song I wrote because I got pissed at people half dunk (or all the way in some cases) telling me I didn't need eat 10 pounds of pork fat because it was unhealthy and I was damaging my heart, liver and other body parts. Really ? You think You have any room to talk ?? But in reality the only thing you can ingest that isn't slowly damaging your body is water.

"I Lost It All (The REAL Perfect Country and Western Song)"- Steve Goodman wrote song all about " Momma, Trucks, Trains, Prison, Rain , Bars, Gettin Drunk" but, never he mentioned gambling , guitars, cheating, travin' cross country, bar fights, 18 wheelers, over dosing on drugs, trying to commit suicide, going crazy, bottles, gettin' arrested, and jukeboxes. He missed alot of good old country themes and I made sure to include them.

"Put Barack On Toilet Paper" - Need I Say More??

"30 Seconds Of Fame"- One I wrote in a state of sadness all about getting what you want, just not the way you expected.

"Weed Eatin' Rick"- All about a Drunk I know who owns a weed eater and now thinks he is full A++++ 5 Star rated lawn care service. We all know someone like Rick.

"Everything Including The Kitchen Sink (Skip Town's Tent)" I worked at a campground and my job for one week was to throw away everything this man named skip had left at his campsite after he left in night and bailed on his rent payments. This is just song listing what he had. He had everything including the kitchen sink , in fact he had both of em' (and I'm not kidding either).

some other songs

"Lost Love"
"Fourty-One and Countin'"
"The SteroTypical Barroom Song"
"Better Back In Oklahoma"
"The Girl In Photograph"
"Playing Second Fiddle To a Broken Mandolin"