View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 08:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
Eric I take it back. I have been testing the new boss wireless system. The battery had died tonight to I played using a cable and then when I went back to the wireless I noticed the treble had diminished. ‘Cable tone’ was off. I had really good results with just a LPF when using a cable.

The Boss wireless sucks (tone) with this pickup. Literally.

I like the pickup a lot. Not a fan of the metallic sound when playing solos although it has a cool electric guitar vibe to it and it also picks up body tapping, although it does it so well that it can feedback which isn't great. I do think the Play Acoustic eq is not the best and would like to try the Align with it. I feel this pickup is excellent for someone that wants a removable pickup to use once a month or so, maybe with a way to clip the cable inside the guitar while the pickup is removed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
I just recorded the wireless and cable into Logic and they sound the same. I am not sure what happened last night, it's very strange.
* Ok Aaron you get one do-over ...that jus' cracked me up when I read you take it back.

** The M80 can have a jazzy, archtop quality to the sound when soloing. Now as far as the body tapping aspect, you can tame it down with some felt pads on the mounts.

Thanks Aaron for the followup!